Personal Branding:Today we are going to talk about Brand. A Brand Called YOU! Why self-marketing is so important! We can work hard and well for years. And it happens: nothing. The young colleague is giving a lecture at a specialist conference – and is rewarded with the interesting project that we had long since kept an eye on. She understood what is important in self-marketing: Do good and talk about it.
When we market ourselves how often do we consider the role that branding plays.Personal brands are driven by our beliefs, values and our self-image.The ability to attract interest, differentiate ourselves from competition and promote and market ourselves effectively are affected by failing to identify and cultivate these drivers.
Personal Branding Concept:
Just like branded goods, people have brand attributes. A unique promise of value, is your personal brand, which distinguishes you from competitors.This value proposition is communicated to your target audience,using various platforms,clearly, consistently and constantly (3 Cs of branding) to achieve specific goals refers to the personal branding process.What do people think of when they think of you? Your brand has to be authentic to be successful; like a rough diamond a personal brand is unearthed,polished and put in the right setting.
Personal Brand Building Strategies
1. Identify your unique values:
As opposed to what you do, your personal brand identifies who you are. What is most important to you is ultimately reflected by your values. For example, Integrity indicates that you place a very high value on being thorough. Sincerity and honesty is projected by your aura. This first step lays foundation for everything else in the process of personal branding.Write down those values that guide you each and everyday.
2. How YOU want to be perceived by others :
What others perceive you to be is about personal branding. Luckily, by how you handle yourself, you can influence others’ perceptions. How do you want others to perceive you? Ask yourself if every action you take reflects your core values? Good or bad we all have some sort of a reputation. Make a list of at least ten perceptions that you want people to have about you and your brand.
3. List your key attributes:
What is that thing which makes you different from the crowd? Somewhat it depends on what crowd you are part of. At work start with your peer group.Maybe you are the first one to arrive every morning, or the last one to leave. Attributes that make you distinguishable from all of the others you work with begin by considering those.
4. Identify the expertise you have:
You want to be known for, or what specialty are you known for? Where you are already viewed as an expert or an authority consider those areas.Here vocation is not the only criteria.Its not what you do, rather personal branding is about who you are. What we spend our time perfecting and what we are most passionate about, reflects expertise.Your brand is established if you are known as the punctual person with high integrity who can build anything.
5. Identify your target audience:
You can consider what people you want to deal with by building your personal branding. It is much easier to determine your target audience, as you consider your unique values and abilities.
The people who will most benefit by using your brand should be your target audience primarily. When a prospect thinks about the area in which you specialize, your brand should be the brand of choice. The users should confidently expect satisfaction when they use your brand.
By picking a few brands ascertain what they have in common. By asking the same question consider the brand YOU. Find out what your personal brand has in common with these famous brands.Discover the ways to incorporate these common attributes in your brand.This will help you to create a strong personal brand.
Personal Brand Building Quick Tips
1) Knowing exactly what drives you will help you distinguish yourself as an exceptional professional and creating your personal brand.
2) You will build trustworthiness and credibility by aligning your personal brand with your authentic self.
3) You’ll discover your ultimate competitive advantage is YOU! By shifting your thinking, building your personal brand, and becoming the next version of you.
4) You’ll soon enjoy the inevitable success, when you commit to never-ending self-improvement.
5) Don’t wait for the perfect moment. Start Now.
6) To get your journey to the next milestone associate yourself only with the quality people,who are positive, creators and focused achievers that you learn from.
Your personal brand can outlive you for so many years and if you create it properly, you can leave a valuable legacy behind. Accept responsibility for your career and go out there and build a valuable memorable personal brand that will hopefully outlast your life span.
- Personal brands are driven by our beliefs, values and our self-image.
- What is most important to you is ultimately reflected by your values.
- You want to be known for, or what specialty are you known for?
- What others perceive you to be is about personal branding.
- What is that thing which makes you different from the crowd?
- The people who will most benefit by using your brand should be your target audience primarily.
- How to build personal brand.
Well that’s it for this week, have a wonderful week.